Here is a new episode of Lore Friendly, where Alice and I talk about Fallout 4, Doctor Who, and other horrible things. Wanting to avoid spoilers, we basically don’t go much into Fallout 4, which is more of just ranting against disposition mechanics in general. But for the record I like the game. I really, really do. We just couldn’t really talk about it because spoilers.
Here’s version 3.16. This version has a few tweaks suggested by Madcat221 as well as a fix for Haakon Iron-Fist, who for some reason is now turning violent the moment you enter the Bloodworks.
The problem is the trigger box is suddenly failing to recognize the difference between Haakon and the player. Perhaps the Dragonborn was a sadistic Stormcloak in another life. The box will now check to see if the door is locked or not before Haakon attempts to escape.
All Fixes and Tweaks from v3.10:
- Fixed issue where Haakon and guards clash when player enters Bloodworks, script now checks to see if his cell door is locked
- Raised level cap of Darkened Steel ghosts
- Added light to campfire in Bards, Beasts, and Beauties
- Bards in Bards, Beasts, and Beauties set to observe only during duel. Skjarn teleported to safety at end of quest.
- Fixed issue where Alassea, Amalee, and Skjarn would run their innkeeper scene in all inns
- Fixed some apostrophes that were the wrong font
- Prompt-But-Bashful‘s inventory can now be accessed while in player home
- Added Carmella to various beast factions
- Removed some pops from Carmella‘s tracks
- Blacksmith sandbox packages added to Isobel if she’s in a Hearthfire home with a forge in the cellar (MTWTF 9-12pm)
- Added missing drum file for Portraiture duet with Ygglief
- Fixed unfilled property for PlayerREF in Pit Dogs (bug introduced in 3.11 or 3.12)
- Added mod bards to the BardAudienceExcludedFaction
- Forwarded some MHDT changes made by Dragonborn.esm
- Carmella‘s skeletons are now protected
- Carmella removed from necromancer faction and added to Riverwood faction to avoid battles at inn
- Fixed a scene near the end of As You Like It that sent Daenlyn to the docks making him AWOL for the actual scene
- Removed (Quest in Alpha) on dialogue to start Aldmeri Prisoner
- Disabled trigger box in longhouse of Idle Dreams after initial use, as running into it a second time would make the initial scene repeat
- Fixed Batheru‘s intro dialogue not to repeat when speaking to a Dunmer character
- Made Blood of Kings possible to start before Pit Dogs. However, starting either quest must be done to completion before you can start the other.
So after seeing all the replacer mods out on Nexus, I decided to try and take over one of the vanilla stations just to see if I could. This replaces the Classical Radio station. Obviously it’s not ideal for that reason alone, but there’s a few other limitations in place that may not be completely obvious.
For one, the limited tracks available made it so I had to combine a lot of the sketches and skits. In other words, they’re a lot less random than what you’d find in the Fallout 3 version of Atomic Radio (that version also has music). Lastly, I’m still learning all the new Pre-War companies that have been introduced in this game, so most of the commercials are for previously known corporations.
With all that out of the way, here it is.
To install, you need to edit the Fallout4.ini file in the following folder:
Then replace the line
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MESHES\, INTERFACE\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\
Technically you only need Sound\, but I noticed other mods are listing all the folders in case you are using texture replacers too. Then simply merge the Data folder in the zip file with the one in your Fallout 4 directory.
To uninstall, just delete the files.
I should note that I have not played the game to the end, so I have no idea if the Classical Radio channel – being an Institute owned station – plays any role in the story. The replacer will also play in settings where classical music is ideal for the mood, like in posh areas, so keep that in mind as well. Shit’s mostly for giggles and feedback.