Darkened Steel Final Dungeon Entry

Home Forums Skyrim Quests Darkened Steel Final Dungeon Entry

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Victor Chen Victor Chen 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Victor Chen
    Victor Chen
    Participant

Don’t know if this is a bug per se, which is why I’m not sure if I should put it in the FAQ/bug report section.
    I was adventuring through Winterhold when I accidentally stumbled upon Shadow’s Gulch without having started the Darkened Steel questline other than the notice to investigate Orphan’s Tear, which I have not done yet. I cleared the Dungeon all the way to Shadow’s End, where I encountered Deneris and triggered The Face of the Ghost. After I bested him in combat, of course, it was impossible to kill him without the Trinity Blade, which I have yet to encounter. I imagine this would rather break the Darkened Steel questline, so I’m reloading an older save. Maybe it’s because I haven’t updated to the latest version of INPCs yet, but is there a way to prevent entry to Shadow’s Gulch before the correct time? And if there isn’t, shouldn’t it be implemented?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Victor Chen Victor Chen.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Victor Chen Victor Chen.
    Profile photo of Kris Takahashi
    Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

If memory serves, I think this was fixed a very long time ago by disabling the entrance until the quest starts. Might be because you’re using an outdated version of the mod.

Profile photo of Victor Chen
    Victor Chen
    Participant

I’m still on 3.08, so it seems I’m quite behind on the mod. I can definitely update to at least 3.2 and check if the entrance is disabled.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.