Facebook Social Login Fixed

Home Forums General Discussion Facebook Social Login Fixed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of angel lily angel lily 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kris Takahashi
    Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Sorry for anyone who tried to login with Facebook recently – I closed my account because, well, I never use it, but forgot I needed to keep it alive for the social login to work here.

Re-activated my Facebook account, so should work now.

Profile photo of Telthar
    Telthar
    Participant

If you got a bug report it probably was from me, I decided the normal account was probably better anyways. I use the Facebook login for Patreon but it is probably better to just use a normal account here.

-Cheers

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Yeah, I got an auto-generated report warning me of a failed login via Facebook – which is good, otherwise I would’ve never known.

It’s probably the same system regardless of where you use it, but to work it requires an authentication key from a Facebook developer app that links your “company’s” Facebook Page and website.

Deleting my Facebook page deleted key and app, because the company in this instance is me, and I forgot about the above.

I thought I was deleting a personal social networking page that I never use.

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Can someone test a Facebook Social Login for me?

It works for me but I got another “Failed login” email so I’m not sure.

I checked the developer app and there was a setting – “Open to the Public” which should have been set as YES and not NO, so that might be it, but I wanna check and make sure.

Profile photo of angel lily
    angel lily
    Participant

Hello
    tell me i will try.
    i am new here and i am from uk.
    best regards
    angellily

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.