Process for INPCs Alpha in SE ???

Home Forums General Discussion Process for INPCs Alpha in SE ???

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sonja Reid
    Sonja Reid
    Participant

First of all, I want to say Hello :)
    I’ve been lurking here for a long time, but until now, I haven’t created an account. However, I have recently started to give SE a try, and I have to say that I’m really appreciating the dramatic stability improvement. Without endless memory tweaking.. I don’t crash, and it is nice. Nonetheless, I’m really missing INPCs, but I’ve been wary of installing the Alpha. Part of the issue is that peoples’ experience really seems to vary, so it is hard to get a read on whether, or not, I should take the plunge. From thoroughly scouring the available information, I’m getting the sense I should:

* Use the esp from the Repack uploaded by Camaug, but use all the other files from the official Alpha version.

* Merge the separate copies of 3Dnpc.esp folders into one (meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegometry)

* Use NIf Optimiser

Follow Cato’s advice in
    this thread

I will also create a separate character/ save folder (happens automatically simply by opening up ShowRace Menu with the console, I’ve discovered)… just in case..

Does all of this sound fair?

EDIT
    It looks like I may have posted this in the wrong area, apologies. Mods, feel free to move, but please leave a link here so I can find it again. Cheers! :D

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid. Reason: had trouble getting the hyperlink to work
    Profile photo of moksha8088
    moksha8088

Hey Sonja, did you see Tyler’s thread about this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9998/

He was saying it could potentially do the BSA packing. If you are able to get it packed with all the stuff you listed up above, could you see Kris about posting it here as a possible INPC SE Beta?

Sonja Reid
    Participant

Heya Moksha,
    I have actually looked at that tool, and I may give it a shot at some point. I’m not sure when, though, because I’m slightly nervous about using it (to be honest :D ), and more importantly, if I did manage to package everything up, I’d want to test it as much as possible before approaching Kris. There’s a fair bit going in RL right now, so I’m not sure when that will happen.

Sonja Reid
    Participant

OK Some Testing Results.

I have taken Camaug’s Repack, unpacked it and merged all of the 3Dnpc.esp folders mentioned in my original post (so see above for the file path). I then created a brand new archive of the resulting contents, and installed it with Bain. This took some time, obviously, since it’s a huge file.

This has worked extremely well so far:

* The Khajiit in Peakshade Tower has all her armour. Somebody mentioned an issue with this, and I speculated that maybe the person was using Amidianborn armour from Classic, which needs a mesh fix for the Blades armour (the fix is available on Nexus).
    * I encountered no crashing around Honeystrand cave, or the route between Dawnstar and that island shipwreck.
    * I successfully recruited Gorr, and we completed the quest to find Zora.
    * I was able to grab Rumarin without issue.
    * The various NPCs added to Whiterun were all there and acted normally.
    * The INPC children I saw are mostly fine (Olette and Morrigan), while the little girl in Falkreath has dark areas on her face.. Honestly, it could even be passed off as some kind of skin affliction, it’s not *too* horrible.

As an added bonus, I have Divine People and Tempered Skins installed, and everyone looks great!

Sonja Reid
    Participant

Since this site seems to eat posts when you edit successively, I’m going to write an addendun here instead of editing.

I do not feel comfortable trying to repack BSAs, and so far everything seems to work fine anyway. I Just wanted to mention that.

Also regarding the Falkreath child, the patch IS installed.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 22 hours ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid.
    Sonja Reid
    Participant

Addendum 2

OK, I was just hit by the possibility that when I merged those 3Dnpc.esp folders, I accidentally overwrote the changes made by the Falkeath patch, hence giving poor Henrietta a partial dark face.
    Sure enough, when I checked the folder structures, I realised that was likely the case, so I installed the patch on its own… Bingo! Henrietta now looks as normal as a “vanilla” child could ever hope to.
    So.. if anybody looks at this thread, and decides to give all of this a try, be sure to merge the patch files into the 3Dnpc.esp folder AFTER everything else has been merged.
    I actually just installed it over what I’d already done, because I didn’t feel like going through the entire process again, but I’d imagine that doing it correctly the first time would be the better approach.

Profile photo of Cato
    Cato

Hello Sonja,

I am glad you decided to take the plunge with the loose Alpha, it certainly sounds like you have been more efficient then I have!

An update from me: I’m currently 60 hours in with no issues to storyline content. Only problem I’ve noticed is the very few children added by 3dNPC still have black faces. I ignore them.

I never did any niff optimisation on the loose files, simply because I do not know how. :-)

Hope you enjoy your new playthrough!

My SSE Screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/id/catoheresy/screenshots/?appid=489830

Sonja Reid
    Participant

Hello Cato :)
    Awesome screenshots, and excellent news that you have progressed well without any major issues.
    Well, it was after reading your posts, on top of the other info I found, that finally convinced me to try this out. MY SE game has been extremely stable, so, as you will imagine, I was quite nervous about taking the plunge.. but I am SO GLAD that I did.
    I have really enjoyed the huge performance upgrade provided by SE. Unlike Classic, there’s no more random crashing despite ENBoost, and various other patches/tinkering… it’s wonderful.
    While I’m happy to trade in the various SKSE-based mods for this level of stability, I was really missing INPCs; the world just felt a lot more empty.

I’m very comfortable using Bain; I started modding the Elderscrolls with Morrowind, at which point I used Wrye Mash for a lot of things, so luckily it’s familiar turf.
    However, I also don’t feel comfortable running the nif optimiser, which is partly why I based my own changes on Camaug’s repack. I figured, why struggle to reinvent the wheel if it isn’t necessary? :D

I actually don’t have black faces on the kids. I think this may be because I use TKKA, instead of RS Children. Speaking of which, TKKA’s author has just uploaded a patch for the INPC kids. I haven’t been able to test it yet, because right now the file has zero kb and can’t be read. I suspect it might be a Nexus issue.

So…. I’m wondering if we’re now at the stage where we can officially declare a “Beta?” :D
    And maybe at some point, a kind soul would be willing to take everyone’s efforts and repack the loose files into a properly working BSA.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 20 hours ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid.
    moksha8088

Sonja, any chance your up to date effort could be posted here or elsewhere for download so the community of INPCs SE users could benefit from this marvelous effort?

And maybe at some point, a kind soul would be willing to take everyone’s efforts and repack the loose files into a properly working BSA.

That would be great. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

moksha8088

BTW, Triptheriff, the creator of the marvelous children’s reworking “The Kids are Alright” has a patch he says works with INPCs SE.

Sonja Reid
    Participant

I would be happy to upload the file here… I’m fairly new to the site though, so I’m not entirely certain how to go about it. :)
    I don’t know how marvelous an effort I’d call it though, I basically just repacked the repack, and sat with my fingers crossed, hoping like it Hell it would work. :D Others did all of the heavy lifting.
    As I wrote, so far so good. It is obviously impossible to know how bug-free things are at this stage, given how huge the mod is.

I’ll also look into uploading it elsewhere, though probably tomorrow. :)

Yep, I asked Triptheriff earlier today if it would be possible to port the patch over, and he (I think he’s a he??), was super-quick about responding. Unfortunately, Nexus screwed up the file, so I wasn’t able to test it at that point. I just checked, though, and Trip has re-uploaded said patch.

Sonja Reid
    Participant

Alright, here is a download link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByDtpifDL0ykZkkwMUJfZ0NXelk

Because it’s such a large file I was forced to use Google drive, which was not my first choice. However, it is what it is :)

This file includes the Child Patch from this site. Or, at least, it should. I still had a copy of my un-archived efforts, so I simply dropped the patch files in, and then zipped it all up. I have enough experience with this sort of thing to know that this *should* work. Bear in mind, though, that I am no modder. :)

On other fronts, I just tested Triptheriff’s INPC patch, and it works great!
    If you go to the TKAA page and check the discussion, you’ll notice that Triptheriff has been tinkering with the INPC Alpha files. We’ll have to see how that goes. :D

• This reply was modified 6 days, 11 hours ago by Profile photo of Sonja Reid Sonja Reid. Reason: clarification
    Sonja Reid
    Participant

Update:
    I just completed “The Children Fair.” Everything triggered perfectly, no issues whatsoever :)

Profile photo of Cato
    Cato

Excellent work Sonja, I’m sure that link will help others.

Whether Kris Takahashi Senpai will notice you and promote the file though, I have no idea.

Sonja Reid
    Participant

Thanks Cato :)
    Just another update. Triptheriff, author of The Kids are Alright, has actually taken everything and packed it into a BSA. You can find that link by going to the TKAA SE page, and (currently) scrolling down midway into the first page:
    Caveat, that BSA package (I believe it was originally done for personal use), contains the TKAA patch for INPCs, so obviously, anyone using it will also need TKAA.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9175/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D9175%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D5501652&pUp=1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.