Tales from the Commonwealth

Home Forums Fallout Mods Tales from the Commonwealth

This topic contains 48 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ed Nemo Ed Nemo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kris Takahashi
    Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

In preparation for Tuesday’s open beta, I’m gonna list quest and NPC locations here (The wiki is still a WIP, but I’m gonna try and power through it tomorrow).

However, if you’d rather not cheat and look at the locations here, you can actually get them organically by completing the short post office quest in Nahant (area just outside Croup Manor). You’ll see what I mean, but it’ll put some hard to find locations on your map for you. If all else fails though, there’s this list.

Spoiler:

QUESTS
    =========
    1. Under the Bridge – Talk to Audrey Goodneighbor Third Rail

2. Saints and Sinners – east of Hangman’s Alley, coc fensraidercampext02

3. Radio Distress Call – quest has 3 parts, just listen to the Emergency signal

4. Like a Goodneighbor (starts immediately after #3)

5. Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots (starts immediately after #4)

6. You’ve Got Mail – Nahant PD Station

7. Jet Fueled – South of Kendall Hospital, coc f3dnpcJetFueled

8. House that Bruce Built – Talk to Pin at Bowling Alley in front of East City Downs

9. Two Lane Blacktop – Talk to Smoke on roof of Layton Tower Aparmtments

10. Full Exposure – shop east of Diamond City, coc f3dnpcphoto01

11. Indecent Exposure – starts immediately after #10, talk to the Art collector at the brothel.

12. Love and Peace – Go to Fiddler’s Green. After talking to Cosmos and finishing the conversation, enter a modded cell like the brothel or the bar

13. Patriots – Old Corner Bookstore

14. Three Little Wastelanders – Bunkers in the neighborhood just outside Old Gullet Sinkhole

15. Atom’s Glow – Starts at Lakeview Pier north of Mass Fusion Disposal Site

EXTRA NPC LOCATIONS
    ====================

1. East Boston – South of the bridge, north of the school

2. Amelia’s Espresso southeast of Layton Towers, next to Red Rocket

3. Tremont Speakeasy or right outside the Combat Zone, Minuteman deserter is here

4. Auction House – North of Chestnut Hillock Reservoir

5. Restuarant – Waterfront Restaurant east of Shamrock Taphouse

6. Forest Grove Marsh Rooftop

7. Lexington Bust Stop – Old lady

8. Fairline Hill Estates – Drunk

9. Diamond City – Johnny Friendly

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Might be late Tuesday, FlipDark needs a little more time to make some custom mesh/tex but it’s worth the wait.

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Looks like those custom meshes won’t be coming for a while, so I just uploaded.

Eh, whatever, I don’t think the mod will take off soon anyway, Atomic Radio had the advantage of being released prior to the CK being made public so I got on the front page early.

So like with Interesting NPCs it’ll take some time before people take notice, even longer since you have to search out the quests, which will give me more of a window to add more content.

Profile photo of Ryan Clark
    Ryan Clark
    Participant

I’ll be honest. I’ve been more excited for this mod than any dlc Bethesda could create. Your mods are must haves for all playthroughs. Thank you!

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

@Ryan Clark
    Thanks, the mod is definitely more indie film than blockbuster movie, but hopefully what it lacks in explosions it will make up for in content, particularly as we add on over the next 2 years.

Profile photo of Jason Hart
    Jason Hart
    Participant

Where are the companions other than Audrey? Greatest mod of all time btw

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

@jason
    I’ll have a better, more complete wiki in time, but I sort of scribbled up these 2 pages which should provide info on locations and affinity convos, I assume Audrey’s is self-explanatory so I’ll do that last. Under the Bridge does have a makeshift wiki though.

Anyways, here you go, typing Birdie and R4-04 anywhere on this site should now link to their respective wikis, testing this now with this forum post.

EDIT: lol fail at linking, guess it doesn’t apply to the forums. Here are the pages:

Birdie

R4-04

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

On that note, if anyone has screenshots or video walkthroughs they would like to put on the wiki pages, send’em/post’em. 16:9 ratio preferred.

Profile photo of James Kunz
    James Kunz
    Participant

I installed the mod and got the radio distress signal and I listened and it added the quest, but when I try to show the location on my map, its always just a little ways away from where I am but I can’t find the location ..?

PS, completed under the bridge but cannot find key to open top floor door? I think I looked everywhere? Also, the 1 terminal on the bottom floor that opened the initial vault door is blank when I go in, is that right?

very cool mod so far ….

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of James Kunz James Kunz.
    Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

@James
    Hi James, for troubleshooting questions, please use the bug report/FAQ button, it’s on the far right portion of the header. I made a question for you.

TFTC – Radio Distress Signal Belcher’s Cave

Forums are more for discussion, like if we were discussing Audrey’s shoes or something like that.

Profile photo of Vic
    Vic
    Participant

I loved Mara and the quests for FO4 and the entire FO4 bundle. I think this is already my favorite Fo4 mod. Keep up the good work, I am eager to see the rest.

PD: Any chance of cameos from characters of the other games?

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

@Vic
    Thanks, which games? I suppose it depends on the characters. Mara in Fallout 3 was an obvious choice given the Railroad’s presence in that game, it was clear she’d at least have a cameo in any Fallout 4 mod I made (same with Indrel for Skyrim, I left her out of Honor’s Calling precisely because she’s an Elf and could conceivably live in TESVI’s timeline).

There are other references similar to that. Cueball in Saints in Sinners is the brother of Eightball in FO3.

References like these are common, but the actual characters like Eightball sometimes can’t be in FO4 because I don’t know if they survived the previous mod. Technically, Mara/R4-04 could’ve died too but she’s a rowbut so there’s my out. Rowbuts never die.

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

Been lazy about doing this quest, mostly because I’ve been getting in stupid arguments on the internet about Kevin Durant.

But next quest is done and ready for testing. Also fixed the robot clinic location, the door was the same as the exit to the Mechanist’s Lair

Wiki for quest is here:

The Great Green Jewel

Profile photo of moksha8088
    moksha8088

I can understand placing Tales of the Commonwealth together with Atomic Radio at the Nexus for convenience, but I am wondering if it might become better known to potential players by cross referencing it under the Quests and Adventures category. I know I would normally never look for such a mod under the Radios category, even though I love quest mods. Just a thought.

Kris Takahashi
    Keymaster

I actually don’t mind not making it better known at this point, I think about 500 users is ideal for a beta, although I’m obviously not going to stop people from promoting it or spreading the word.

I’ll consider a separate page later on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.