|A Pair of Jacks|
|QUEST GIVER||Jack – Back entrance to Art’s Diner east of Lexington Apartments|
|QUEST ID||f3dnpc_JacksQuest||EDITOR ID|
|NPCS||Selfless Jack – Will Handford
Selfish Jack – Will Handford
Bounty Hunter – Will Handford
Arthur Dean – Mason Quinn
|REFID/BASEID||Full list of Form IDs here – RefIDs on left, Base IDs are on the right. Replace first two numbers with the mod’s place in your load order|
- Ghost won’t be in Tremont Speakeasy unless you’ve checked the bounty board downstairs. Version 1.8 will place the objective marker on the bounty board if you haven’t checked it already instead of Ghost
- The player can find out Selfish Jack is an Institute informant through one of two mechanisms, pickpocketing the note on his person or telling Russell that Selfless Jack is a “definitely a synth”
- If the player discovers the Selfish Jack is suspected of being an Institute informant, a charisma check of 7+ or pickpocketing the note will allow the player to confirm.
- If the Bounty Hunter takes possession of a Jack, he will become hostile if the player attacks his prisoner
- The two Jacks have disparate personalities, and as a result are both unreliable narrators. One is selfless enough to claim he is a synth to spare his brother, whereas the other is selfish enough to claim he is human to save himself.
As a result the quest is not intended to be a mystery the player solves. Rather, without a smoking gun, the player must make their decision based on their own assumptions, the morality of the characters, the player’s personal view of synths, and whether or not it’s unusual for people to change.
|A Pair of Jacks [f3dnpc_JacksQuest]|
|10||Talk to Jack, enter
|30||Enter Art’s Diner, start scene|
|80||Kill Russell, Art, Bobby and Aunt Patty|